Date / Time
Date(s) - 14 Dec 2019 12:15 pm
I hope you can join us for our traditional annual walk and Christmas meal. This is a relaxed social day and involves a ‘mince pie and mulled wine/cider stop’ along the way, so you may like to bring some along (I definitely will!). Children are welcome.
Start at The Plough on the Green, Stroud Green Rd RG14 7HY
Meet outside the pub at 12.15pm.
Length-between 8-9 miles. We will walk up to Greenham Common, across the old airfield, head down to the canal and back towards Newbury and The Plough.
The Xmas meal:
I have booked ‘The Plough on the Green’ for the Christmas meal which will start at 6.00pm. If you aren’t able to make the walk and would like to join us for a meal you are most welcome.
Food: A real bargain!
There is a choice of either a 2 course meal at £13.99 or a 3 course meal for £15.99. Please pay £5 deposit when you send me your choices (see below). I will need firm bookings and menu choices asp, last orders will be taken on Friday, 29th November
Bank code: 30-95-89
Reference: Xmas meal 19
1. Spiced Butternut Squash and Spinach Soup
2. King Prawn Cocktail
3. Ham Hock Terrine-with apricots, figs & caramelised red onion chutney
4. Cheesy Garlic Mushrooms (V)-in a creamy sauce with garlic & herbs.
All served with roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1. Roast Turkey with pigs in a blanket, stuffing, gravy & cranberry sauce
2. St Clements Kiln Roasted Salmon Tart-orange pastry filled with a creamy spinach and flaked salmon sauce topped with salmon & lemon crumble
3. Slow Cooked Beef Stew – in a red wine gravy with mushrooms & caramelised port glazed shallots
4. Candied Nut Roast (V)-cashews, pecan, almonds and peanut butter with butternut squash, spinach & root vegetables. Topped with a red onion & black cherry relish.
5. Four Cheese Steak (£3.00 supplement) 8oz. sirloin steak topped with melted Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Stilton & Brie. Served with chips, onion rings, grilled tomato & peas.
1. Christmas pudding (V) with brandy sauce
2. Chocolate & Hazelnut Roulade with vanilla ice cream
3. Damson Gin Orchard Pie (V) with custard
4. Raspberry & White Chocolate Meringue (V) with vanilla ice cream
5. Cheese & Biscuits-Stilton, brie & cheddar with grapes, celery & red onion chutney
Please complete the trip booking form and include your food order choices, thanks:
Organiser Maggie Russell