When you join Newbury Mountain Club you will become a valued member of the club andÂ we hope that you have many enjoyable trips and go on toÂ develop your skills and abilities further. Its fair to say you really do get out what you put in.
We aim to be a responsible club and are an affiliated BMC club. To aid all of our members we include membership of the BMC for every person that joins the club which is included as part of our standard membership fee. The NMC membership fee is currently set at Â£25 for a full years membership reducing for a half year membership.
Should you already have BMC membership elsewhere you can ask for a form to send directly to the BMC where they will refund you any duplicate membership fees.
BMC membership is complete quarterly. You will receive one posted copy of their magazine and the rest via email. Depending on when you join you may have a slight delay in receiving your subscription and discount card. However you will be covered by the BMC club insurance during this time.
The BMC membership includes a number of benefits:
– Access to BMC travel insurance
– Register for Mountain Training award schemes
– Â£10M worldwide Combined Liability insurance & Â£10K Personal Accident insurance
– Summit, the BMC Members Magazine
– Retail discounts at over 600 shops
– Access to Life Insurance, Mortgage Protection and Income Protection
– Travel & Accomodation discounts
– A mountain of miscellaneous benefits
– Discounted Magazine Subscriptions
– Reciprocal Rights Card
– Discounts at the National Mountaineering Centre
– Discounts on BMC guidebooks, directories, publications and films
– BMC Online Shop
– Discounts at BMC events
Full details on the BMC benefits can be found here: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/membership
The BMC membership includes a 10% discount nationwide with Blacks and 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor which are also located in Newbury and Reading respectively, along with over 600 discounts nationwide with other outlets (see link above).
How to Join…
The best thing to do is to come along to one of our pub meets. If you can contact us in advance then we can expect you on the evening and make sure somebody is around to welcome you. Failing that you can email your application to us and we have an electronic membership form (requires MS Word) you can download via the menu on this site and complete. Once you have joined youÂ will receive a general welcome document that explains key information, how to book on a trip, how to pay etc.