Date / Time
Date(s) - 31 Jan 2015 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
It that time of year again. Some focus on the Golden Globes and the Oscars, but the real talent is at the Newbury Mountain Club Awards. This year the red carpet rolls out at La Tasca.
From El Presidente:
Our annual Award evening is coming up soon and I hope you can all come along and join us. I have booked the upstairs room in La Tasca, Newbury (same as last year).
We will be having a Buffet and it will include a choice of two Starters followed by a Tapas selection, including some vegetarian dishes. Further details can be found online at: www.fiesta-nights.co.uk Cost: £15.00
It is always a fun evening, so the more the merrier!! I need confirmation of numbers by Wednesday, 28th January at the latest. We need to pay by cash on the night, so please pay me when you arrive. I suggest we pay £16 per person which will include a small tip, but you may wish to add more.
Drinks can ordered individually and paid for by card, but there may be await due to the numbers they are catering for. I’m sure it won’t be a problem as it seemed to work last year.
We are still keen to receive nominations for the following Awards (plus any others you can think of):
- The Reach for the Stars (highest altitude reached by a club member during the year, not necessarily on a club trip, excludes air travel)
- The Michael Roux (Gordon Ramsay) – for culinary excellence
- The No Fixed Abode (Karl Pilkington) – Person(s) attending the most trips in the year
- The Boy Scout/Girl Guide – for being prepared in the hills & saving the day through gear, gadgets or knowledge
- The Golden Underpants – for a scary/dumb incident
- The Saint Bernard – for saving the day not through gear & gadgets
- “The Wish you were here” (Best Trip) – you can nominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Navigation – for getting lost/making an unexpected detour
So please let me know if you have any nominations, plus any interesting/amusing details of any events that may have happened throughout the year email@example.com
Andy D has kindly agreed to put together a slide show, so if you have any pictures please give any photos to Andy on a memory stick. Thanks Andy!
I look forward to hearing from you soon!